BASEMENT WATERPROOFING

 

Your basement is the very foundation of your home. Mold and/or moisture in your basement is a serious problem that you should not take lightly or ignore. A damp or wet basement can quickly lead to health problems for you and your family. 

 

A damp basement can also cause:

  • Deterioration of property value

  • Mold and mildew with unpleasant smells

  • Damaged or cracked foundation

  • Peeling paint & wall coverings

  • Damage to stored possessions

  • Electric shock hazards

  • Animal and insect infestations (bugs and mice love a wet basement!)

  • Lifting of tiles, carpet & wood

Wet basements are breeding grounds for MOLD!

Many people do not fully understand the health effects of fungal exposure.

The term toxic mold is somewhat misleading as it indicates that certain molds are toxic when actually certain types of molds produce secondary metabolites that produce toxins.

Airborne mycotoxins (a.k.a toxic mold) can definitely impact your health. Sometimes, people are unaware that they are breathing mold spores and mycotoxins until they are very sick.

Some people have minor allergic reactions to some molds, but once they leave the affected area, they recover with few side effects. However, if they have been exposed to dangerous molds such as Stachybotrys or Chaetomium, they could suffer from a myriad of long-lasting health issues.

Please Take Mold Seriously!

Most homeowners finish their basements before installing a french drain system – which can lead to seepage, high humidity, and mold growth. At Premier Waterproofing, we take an aggressive approach when it comes to mold solutions, and our basement waterproofing systems eliminate all sources of dampness and help safeguard your home against future infiltration of mold.

If you believe there may be mold in your basement, contact us to inspect the issue and provide a no-fee, no-obligation estimate that includes our mold solutions services.

ALLERGENIC MOLD

Allergenic molds do not typically cause life-threatening health issues but may negatively affect those who are already asthmatic or allergic. Symptoms could include dry itchy throat and/or eyes, coughing, and nasal congestion.

PATHOGENIC MOLD

Pathogenic molds will likely cause an infection in the body. Those with a weakened or suppressed immune system can experience serious health effects from these types of molds, such as chronic pulmonary infections
and fungal meningitis.

TOXIGENIC MOLD

Toxigenic molds will cause potentially serious health problems in both humans and animals. Stachybotrys chartarum or “Black Mold” may cause mold poisoning even in healthy individuals. Symptoms can be as mild as itchy skin and eyes to more severe symptoms like hair loss and confusion or memory loss.

© 2020 Premier Waterproofing LLC.  |   PAHIC# 047568   |   NJHIC# 13VH05770200                                 

Privacy Policy